The farmhouse

Blommenhof; A listed monumental traditional farmhouse of the West Frisian type. Sometime at the end of 1800 this farmhouse was first located at another location in Westwoud. At the early 1900 it was decided to relocate the farmhouse. Yes, dismantle, take along and rebuild. At that time, building materials were scarce and very expensive. However, there was plenty of manpower. No sooner said than done. Ever since the early 1900 this beautiful farmhouse was moved to it’s new location. On the Dr. Nuijensstraat 102-104 in Westwoud.

Why the name Blommenhof?

Our farm owes its name to two unmarried sisters of the Blom family. They have traditionally lived their lives in the farmhouse. These ladies were known in the area as “De Blommetjes”. That’s where the name Blommenhof is coming from.

In the 70s the Kuiper – Geluk family lived in the farm house. They have converted the farm into a fully functional two-storey house. The first B&B guests were already received since that time and meals for large groups of guests were prepared.

In 2003, Lex and Lionne Berens – Weel transformed the house into a group accommodation. The location has always been known as a place where everyone is welcome and where people celebrated and enjoyed themselves.

Now, since november 2016, Marco and Mieke Bregman are the proud new owners of Blommenhof. We came to live here with our family in November 2016. We would like to continue the tradition of cozy hospitality in our own way while maintaining name and reputation.

Zin om te verblijven in onze sfeervolle stolpboerderij
midden in het West-Friese landschap?

Neem contact met ons op